The industry standard software for engineering calculations
Mathcad is the world leading mathematical calculation tool since the last 20 years. Mathcad is now used by more than 2 million engineers and 2000 universities across the world, to perform mathematical calculations, document and share the information with others.
Mathcad drives innovation and offers significant personal and process productivity advantages for product development and engineering design projects. Unlike proprietary calculating tools and spreadsheets, Mathcad lets engineers design and document engineering calculations simultaneously with comprehensive applied math functionality and dynamic, unit-aware calculations.
Mathcads unique whiteboard interface uses mathematical expressions, so that you calculations look axactly the same as the formulas in your reference handbooks. Mathcad intergrates mathematical expressions, text and graphics in the same document. All necessary elements in your construction is linked together, and available for all.
New in PTC Mathcad Prime 6.0
The latest version, PTC Mathcad Prime 6.0, has been recently released, and adds such new features as:
- Customisation of margin dimensions, including headers and footers that can be used in both imperial and metric paper types
- Improved Find/ Replace functionality
- Multiple language spellcheck support based on your installed system keyboards
- Possibility to add hyperlinks in your worksheets for quicker and more efficient link to external resources
- Access to expanded printing options
- New symbolic engine
- Updated chart components that enable you to save your chart as an image, chose from a larger amount of chart templates and use the zoom option
On the 17th of February PTC made an important end of sale announcement for Mathcad 15 and Mathcad Prime 1-6.
Effective December 31st, 2021, PTC will no longer offer new Mathcad 15 and Prime 1-6 licenses. These versions will move to a level of support for end user issues only, which means that PTC will no longer release new versions, bug fixes and patches for Mathcad 15 and Prime 1-6.
All users are encouraged to fully migrate to Prime 7.0 which PTC is expected to be released in March 2021.
How are these changes going to affect you?
The holders of perpetual licenses with an active support agreement:
- Fully migrate to the latest Mathcad Prime 7.0 and continue renewing the annual support agreement.
- Continue using Mathcad 15 and/or Prime 1-6 versions without any major changes.
The users of Mathcad 15 and/or Mathcad Prime 1-6 with active annual subscription licenses can:
- Fully migrate to the latest Mathcad Prime 7.0 in March and continue renewing the annual subscription agreement.
- Commit to an up to 4-year subscription agreement and continue using Mathcad 15 and/or Prime 1-6, while migrating to Prime 7.0 within the multi-year subscription period. Subscription payment for multiyear subscriptions will be made annually.
Migrate to Prime assistance from Alfasoft.
We are always available to help you with the migration to Mathcad Prime 7.0. The software is expected to be released in March, and we will let you know when it is ready and how you can upgrade.
In the meantime, sign up to one of our free “Migrating to Prime” webinars.
All license files issued after the release of Prime 3.1 will be encoded to activate Prime 3.1, 15.0 and 14.0. For customers that choose to install both Prime 3.1 and 15.0 on the same computer, the same license file can be used to activate both versions. The two applications can then be run simultaneously for worksheet comparison.
- Windows 7, 8.1 or 10. Both 32- and 64-bit.
- Available Disk Space: 2.1 GB (600 MB for PTC Mathcad with one language installed, 1.5 GB for temporary space during installation. When the installation process is complete, the installer removes all the temporary data.)
- .NET Framework: 4.6.2 or later version of .NET that Microsoft certifies as a replacement for 4.6.2
Internet Browser Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later (Internet Explorer 7.0 or later is recommended for full functionality of the Help system)
- Network TCP/IP, Ethernet Network Adapter
- Pointing Device: Microsoft-compatible mouse or other pointing device
Currently PTC offers the annual subscription base licenses for both – Mathcad 15 and Prime version.
You can choose between:
- Individual subscription
- Floating subscription
- Global subscription
We provide technical support for all our customers of Mathcad.
Just log a case at support.alfasoft.com.
When contacting our support department please describe your problem as detailed as possible. Remember to always inform about the productversion and what operating system you are using (platform and version).
We also recommend these online supportpages and resources: